I’m not sure why we didn’t start doing this earlier, but here’s the first report of our weekly activities. We’ve been meeting on Fridays for almost half the summer, trying to make, plan, and do events/projects/demos/awesome. Today involved us revisiting our seed bomb recipe, beginning the stenciling for posters for our upcoming Dance Party (details soon), and plotting our next adventures.
We started by revisiting our seed bombs that had been out in the wild for a week or so, only to discover that they were rock hard and certainly not germinating. Though we hadn’t used red clay, as had been recommended in other recipes, we reasoned that our lack of success was due to our ratio of natural clay to soil.
Josh was busy painstakingly cutting out the stencil of our logo for the flyers/handouts for our upcoming Dance Party.
Danielle, Michelle, and I cut up our cereal boxes, which we’re using for the flyers.
Josh somehow managed to cut out the stencil with incredible detail (the .org was actually legible)!!!
With successful stencil in-hand, Michelle and Carolina began their production line of flyers—base coat of white, then neon, then grey.
Danielle went to work creating a new mixture, which Josh documented (I think in Michelle’s notebook), I can’t remember it off-hand, but I know we used significantly less clay this time and wildflower seeds.
The resulting seed bombs, much softer, but still moldable.
The resulting flyers, well one side of them anyways. Next Friday we’ll finish them up and hopefully have many germinating seed bombs awaiting us.