We spent yesterday evening out around town with our projector and new power inverter, testing sight-lines and potential backup locations for the Cross-Border Communication project.
We’re getting close to knowing exactly how and when we’ll get to do this project, and you can see our research and field tests after the jump.
Continue reading “Projection & Battery Tests Around Downtown”
I got the needed resistors right before Christmas, though hadn’t had a chance to post this yet. As you can see, there’s a 270Ω resistor, a 9V battery, and a 10mm LED working… along with the resistors, I got a 9V power supply, so we can make signs and run them off the wall, rather than relying on a ton of batteries. As I’m unsure about just how long a whole bunch of LEDs could run on battery, I suppose depending on the size of the batteries this could vary… connecting a bunch of D batteries to add up to 9V will certainly last longer than one of these alone.
We’ll get started on this soon.
I’m not sure we know much about electricity (yet), but we have now confirmed that 3 batteries make an LED considerably brighter. I think we should begin looking into resistors and other such things.
The 10mm LEDs I ordered from Evil Mad Science came in and I went out today to get a CR2032 3V battery to start testing.
Continue reading “LEDs in Action”